Trout is one of the most economically interesting objects for farming. This is due to a number of factors:
- Trout is characterized by low cost of farming and high market price
- Trout is popular with all segments of the population, there is a large market.
- For most of the year the trout is in short supply (when cage farms sharply reduce supply), demand exceeds supply
- The technology of commercial trout farming is well developed and easily mastered by beginners
- Fish stocking material is available in almost every region
Fish fry available for sale
Product Types for sale
Portion trout (300-500 grams)
Duration of farming from fry is 5-6 months.
The traditional market is restaurants and shops, production is not processed.
Trout of average weighing between 500 and 1000 grams
Duration of farming from fry is 6-8 months
Fish of this weight can be partially processed, usually smoked. Such fish is bought by restaurants, shops, smokehouses.
Large trout (from 1.5 kg and larger)
Duration of farming from fry is 10 months or more
It is an analogue of Chilean and Norwegian trout (also rainbow trout). It is of great interest for fish processors that are forced to process the expensive imported fish in the "off season";. Steaks, slack-salted fillets, soup kits and other products are made from such fish. In addition, it is delivered to shops and restaurants or used as a sharing dish.
Features of Farming
- Year-round farming in the tanks (RAS)
- Regular fish sales throughout the year (daily / weekly)
- Optimum water temperature 15-17оС
- Fish-holding density in the recirculating aquaculture systems up to 80 kg/m3 (in some cases up to 100 kg/m3)
- Fish stocking material (fingerlings 10-20 g) is available in almost all major regions
- The complexity of farming – trout is demanding on water and requires an improved water treatment system with ozonation and accelerated water exchange