- 3 species of prawn are farmed in the recirculating aquaculture systems - Penaeus monodon (tiger), Penaeus vannamei (white Pacific) and Macrobrachium rosenbergii (Malaysian)
- Prawn is characterized by low cost of farming and high market price
- If measured in terms of sales, prawn is the third profitable seafood product in the world. Sales of this delicacy produce a profit about $ 30 billion per year. Only tuna and salmon give more money.
- The technology of commercial prawn farming is well developed and easily mastered by beginners
Fish fry available for sale
- Prawn larvae
Product Types for sale
Chilled prawn (50-150 grams)
Duration of farming from fry is 6-7 months
The traditional market is restaurants and shops
Features of Farming
- Year-round farming in the tanks (RAS)
- Regular fish sales throughout the year (daily/weekly).
- Optimum water temperature 26-28 оС
- Fish-holding density in the recirculating aquaculture systems up to 10 kg/m2 (in some cases up to 15 kg/m2)
- Fish stocking material – larvae.
- Feed are granulated