Australian red claw crayfish farming
- Species – Australian red claw crayfish (Cherax quadricarinatus)
- Crayfish is characterized by low cost of farming and high market price
- Crayfish is well-known
- The technology of commercial Australian red claw crayfish farming is well developed and easily mastered by beginners
Fish fry available for sale
- Prawn larvae
Product Types for sale
Live crayfish (50-200 grams)
Duration of farming from fry is 7-12 months, the traditional market is restaurants and shops.
Features of Farming
- Year-round farming in the tanks (RAS)
- Regular fish sales throughout the year (daily/weekly).
- Optimum water temperature 26-28оС
- Crayfish stocking density in the recirculating aquaculture systems up to 4 kg/m2 (in some cases up to 8 kg/m2)
- Fish stocking material – larvae.
- Feed are granulated